One of our retailer clients was facing increased competition and reduced share of wallet from existing customers. They wanted to identify opportunities for sales growth and increased profitability. We began with an evaluation of what the brand stands for and how it is perceived by customers.
Our deep-dive evaluation of the brand allowed us to better articulate the key value to customers. We developed a revised brand guideline and used it to review all customer touch points. This review identified a key opportunity:
Increased customer loyalty and frequency of purchase
To take advantage of this opportunity we redesigned the customer loyalty program to be better aligned with the brand promise and to provide better incentives to drive repeat purchases and in-store visits. We integrated the loyalty program into every aspect of customer engagement and communication.
We chose Christmas season shopping as our first priority for delivering results because
- We were seeing increased competition during this critical period
- As the highest volume sales period, our client had the most to gain from increased sales
- Christmas sales to existing customers increased 89%
- Loyalty program profitability rose 9%
- Existing customer sales grew 19%
Not sure where to start? Check out this brand self-assessment tool. It takes 5 minutes and will help identify your brand strengths and weaknesses.